Virginia BeachVeterinary Careers
At Mobile Pet Doc, our team is filled with professionals who are passionate about animals and dedicated to their wellness.
Veterinary Careers in Virginia Beach, VA
This isn’t just a veterinary job for us, it’s our way of life! We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our veterinary team. If you’re passionate about pets, people, and fun, apply today.
We are a strictly mobile veterinary practice that covers the Hampton Roads area Monday through Friday with flexible hours to help our staff achieve a positive balance between work and their personal lives. We are looking for a part-time/relief veterinarian to diagnose and treat our clients’ animals. Our mobile clinic specializes in dogs, cats, and occasionally smaller animals. Your day-to-day as a vet includes wellness exams, managing chronic skin and ear infections, performing diagnostics, and managing geriatric patients. We are unique in that we are mobile, which most find to be a refreshing change.
If you love being around animals and interacting with people and are committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we’d like to meet you! Ultimately, you’ll act as the point of contact for pet owners, whether it’s to treat illnesses and injuries or to advise on animal nutrition and general care.
- Examine animals and check their health status
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment
- Dress wounds of injured animals
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
- Prescribe medication and laser treatment when necessary.
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare, and general care
- Ultrasonography if applicable
- Update client records
- Work experience as a Veterinarian
- Experience with ultrasonography (not a requirement)
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Patience and a love for animals
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree